So it’s time to share some about the girl on the other side of the lens! Here are 10 things you may or may not know about me! (By the way, if anyone ever asks you to do this, be prepared to just feel like you are bragging the whole time. It’s kind of hard!)
- That picture above was our first family picture ever taken! Matthew was four at the time and I had been doing photography for three years. Why did it take so long for us to get one ourselves?! Terrible.
- My favorite color is teal. Has been since I was a kid. I was always drawn to it’s bright uniqueness– even before it became super popular!
- I LOVE to organize. I actually get really excited/anxious when something is so messy it needs organizing. Because the end result is so totally worth it.
- Photographing is not my number one passion. You know that question if you could do anything without the need of money and be happy, what would it be? It’d be singing, all the way. Carrie Underwood has one of the best voices I’ve ever heard and I would do anything to meet her one day.
- I DID go to college! What….. Yup. I went to Friends University for the first two years– LOVED it, was an RA, was in choir, loved everything about it. And then I realized it would be a burden financially, boo 😦 So I switched over to Wichita State- GO SHOX! I was able to write and take pictures for the school newspaper, experience a huge school and even sing the National Anthem at a couple basketball games, which was AWESOME. And scary. So after two years at WSU, I majored in Communication and minored in Music with honors.
- My most embarrassing moment? Hmmm. Well, I’ve had many. I’m an awkward person sometimes. But once I was at Space Camp (yes space camp- it was middle school and I had lots of dreams okay) and I was trying to get the ketchup out of the dispenser and it busted out all over me in front of a huge cafeteria. The end.
- I am an introvert. That may be hard to believe because I get in front of big groups and shout directions at people but it is a skill in practice. All growing up, I would never talk to strangers and was totally okay with blending in the crowd. My family still teases me about the time I refused to ask the McDonald’s lady for some ketchup. What’s up with me and ketchup…
- I once was Miss Kansas. Back in the day, my sister and I did pageants for many years (she more than I) and only competed in non beauty pageants called “scholarship” pageants. They had no swim suit and the highest percentage of your score was based on interview.
- I once was a “track star.” As my family puts it at least. I have won a gold medal at high jump at the Junior Olympics, a silver medal at the Junior Olympics and went to Australia with People to People Sports Ambassadors back in about 6th grade. My parents were awesome for coming with me across the country for all those meets. I’m sorry to say I got burnt out after 9 years 😦
- We are trying for a second child! Yeah it’s about time (I KNOW!) We have been trying, but I just wasn’t allowed to say anything yet. You may guess that was another reason I made the decision to cut back on sessions. Family is so important to us and we just don’t feel “done” yet. So prayers would be appreciated!
So did you learn anything about me? If anyone has any questions for my next blog post, let me know and be sure to subscribe for more of Cynthia’s Sentiments later on!